Information Customers Provide
Monzato collects personal information from you when you choose to share it with us. This may include when you use our Services, register for an online account, make a purchase, request information from us, sign up for newsletters or our email list, use our service, participate in a survey or promotion, or otherwise contact us. The personal information we collect may include:
- Mailing or Shipping Address
- Phone Number
- E-Mail Address
- Birth Date and/or Year of Birth
- Credit or Debit Card Information
- Geographic location
Information Automatically Collected
For example, we may automatically collect certain non-personal information from you, including but not limited to the browser or operating system you use on your mobile device or computer, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, unique device identifier of any of your computer(s) or device(s) that are used to access the Site, Internet connection speed and duration, device type, geographic data, browser type, operating system, and the domain name from which you accessed the Services. We also may collect information about your use of the Site including the date and time you visit the Site, the areas or pages of the Site that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing or using the Site, the number of times you return to the Site, other click-stream or site usage data, emails that you open, forward or click-through to our Site, and other sites that you may visit.
Tracking Options and Do Not Track Disclosures
Certain parts of our Site require cookies. You are free to set your browser or operating system settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on the Site or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Check the “Tools” or “Help” tabs in your browser (or your mobile device privacy settings) to learn how to change your cookie and other tracking preferences.
Information Collected from Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including social networks that you use to connect with Monzato. This information may include name, user name, demographic information, updated address or contact information, interests, and publicly-observed data, such as from social media and online activity. We may combine this information with the information we collect from and about you to help us tailor our communications to you and to improve our Site.
Combination of Information
We may combine the information we receive from and about you, including information you provide to us online with information we automatically collect when you visit our Site, as well as information collected across other computers or devices that you may use and from third parties or other online and offline sources.
Monzato may use the information we collect from and about you for any of the following purposes:
- To validate, confirm, verify, fulfill, deliver, and track your order (including to process payment card transactions, arrange for shipping, handle returns and refunds, and contact you about your order or delivery of your order, including via telephone or e-mail).
- To enhance your online shopping experience, including as a way to recognize you and welcome you to the Site or to retrieve your shopping cart during a future visit.
- To protect the security or integrity of the Site and our business, such as by protecting against and preventing fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and managing risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
- To provide you with customized Site content, targeted offers, and advertising on the Site, or across the Internet on third party sites.
- To contact you with information, newsletters, marketing, promotional materials, or discounts from Monzato or on behalf of our partners and affiliates.
- To respond to your inquiries, and contact and communicate with you when necessary.
- To develop new products or services and to conduct analysis to enhance current products and services.
- To review the usage and operations of our Site, and improve our content, products, and services.
- To address any problems with the Site or our business.
Additionally, if you use the Site to connect with third party services you authorize us to use information from and about you, on your behalf, to interact with these third-party services based on your requests.
At Monzato, we are committed to protecting our relationship with our customers, and we do not sell or rent any of your personal information to any third party. We may share the personal information we collect from and about you in the following ways:
- To our third-party service providers that provide business, professional or technical support functions for us, including, but not limited to, fulfilling or shipping your order, completing your transaction, processing your Monzato credit card application, or those that assist us in our own marketing efforts.
- With our select partners, affiliates, and other third parties that we believe may have offers of interest to you. For example, we may have joint marketing arrangements, to assist in our or their marketing and merchandising efforts. In those cases, such partner may collect or receive personal information from or about you.
- To respond to judicial or legal process or provide information to law enforcement or regulatory agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law; and
Monzato may share with third parties aggregate or anonymized non-personal information about visitors to the Site without restriction as to use, including for the third parties’ own marketing or analytics use.
We have taken certain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical steps designed to protect the information we collect from and about our customers and Site. For instance, when you enter sensitive information (such as credit card information) on our forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). While we make every effort to help ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee our security measures.
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS AND USERS
Monzato’s RATINGS AND REVIEWS OR SOCIAL MEDIA SITES
As a convenience to our customers, Monzato provides access to Ratings and Reviews on our Site. Monzato also has profiles on social networking sites. Please remember that any information disclosed in this area is available to the public. The dissemination of any personal information you provide in this area is beyond our control and you should therefore exercise caution before disclosing any personal information.
Monzato is very concerned about the safety of children using the Internet. We do not direct the Site to, nor do we knowingly collect personal information from, any visitor under the age of 13.
If we discover that a visitor under the age of 13 has registered without parental consent, we will remove his or her registration information from our files.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES AND SERVICES
This Site may include links to other third-party websites that are not within our control. These websites have their own policies about privacy and security, which you should review before using those sites. Monzato does not assume any responsibility for these linked sites and provides these links solely for the convenience of our customers.
YOUR MARYLAND PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a Maryland resident, you may opt-out of our disclosure of personal information to third parties affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes. To opt out, please contact us, using the methods described below. You must put the statement “Maryland Privacy Rights” in the subject field, and include your full name, email address and postal address. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
If you are under the age of 18 and have a profile on our Site, you may ask us to remove reviews or other content that you posted on the Site by contacting us, using the methods described below. Please allow 30 days to process your request. Please note that, subject to applicable law, processing your request may not ensure complete removal of content you posted.
OPTIONS REGARDING THE USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, or if you prefer to “opt out” of having information used for purposes not directly related to placement, processing, fulfillment or delivery of a product order, you may:
- Opt out of Email Marketing:
At all times, you have the option of “opting out” of receiving future e-mail marketing messages from Monzato by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of an e-mail marketing message, or by logging into your Site account, selecting “Communication Preference” and unchecking the box indicating that you wish to receive e-mails. Please allow 10 business days for your request to take effect.